Dr. Henry Legere is a Harvard-trained, board-certified allergist. He started Greater Austin Allergy in January of 2010 with just one location. Since then, the practice has expanded to close to 20 locations across four states.
Henry Joseph Legere, III, M.D.
Dr. Legere studied chemistry at UC Berkeley, received his MD from Columbia University and completed his fellowship at Harvard Medical School. After his fellowship, he became a clinical instructor at Harvard Medical School and served as a staff physician at Brigham & Women’s Hospital and MIT Medical before starting his clinical practice and research center. His team is known for their progressive approach to treating allergies using advanced protocols for accelerated desensitization timelines as well as utilizing transdermal creams instead of needles for transporting immunotherapy across the skin.
In 2017, Dr. Legere shifted his focus from direct patient care to innovation and research. Occasionally, he can be found in any of our locations, saying “hello” and educating the staff on the latest trends in Allergy.
Education & Training
The University of California – Berkeley (Microeconomics/Econometrics, Chemistry)
Columbia University – College of Physicians & Surgeons, MD
University of California – Irvine (Pediatrics)
Brigham & Women’s Hospital (Rheumatology, Immunology and Allergy Clinical and Research)
CERTIFICATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- American Board of Pediatrics
- Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Board of Allergy and Immunology
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology – Fellow
- American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America – Board Member, Texas Chapter
- Food Allergy Network of Physicians
- Travis County Medical Society